about the project
I'm a diver and own a Suunto D6 dive computer. To retrieve my dives from the computer I had to use Suunto Dive Manager (SDM) which is proprietary Windows software - this didn't work for me too well since I mostly run Linux. Also, later vesions of SDM refused to work with 3rd party USB cables. So, one day I deciced to write a software suite that would combat these annoyances. I contacted Suunto about the project, got no answer, and decided to go the usual open source way with this.
Communication to the dive computer is handled through libdivecomputer; which also dictates the list of supported dive computer models.
The software is written in C++ using the brilliant cross-platform Qt framework. The key features are:
- Should compile & work on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows
- Familiar SDM -like user interface
- Supports 3rd party USB cable as well as Suunto's own
- Supports various dive computer models from different manufacturers, not just Suunto; see screenshots
- Can import and export Suunto SDE format; thus compatible with SDM and divelog, for example.
- diversuite_1.0_i386.deb - Debian/Ubuntu installer, 32bit
- diversuite_1.0_amd64.deb - Debian/Ubuntu installer, 64bit
- diversuite-1.0.tgz - sources
feedback + contact
You can reach me via e-mail at matti .at. 777-team.org .dot. org.
Code contributions, bug reports and such greatly appreciated.